Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Zen's First Time

Last thursday was so much fun! I'm so proud of my little guy. In the great outdoors my son sure brought out the two year old in him. Our first day of snowboarding was to teach him to pay attention where he was going so he wouldn't hurt himself or someone else. Daryl would say, look at mom at the bottom of the hill. It would turn out zen would look at dad and say bye and not watch where he was going and sometimes he would watch other people, or be too busy swishing the snow off his board. It was pretty funny. For his attention span to be very short, I was very impressed with his balancing skills. He probably face planted it once the whole day. Even tho that would happen he was proud of himself trying and he would say, "AGAIN!" I think he'll be a pro in no time! I'm going to remember this day for the rest of my life! I love that he loves the outdoors like his parents. It just means that we can have alot more awesome family time together! As for Taylor, she had alone time with Grandma, which I heard they had a fun time too. Thanks mom for your help. This last picture was taking on our way home. It was pretty funny. We made an interview video for him and he was tired and way out of it. He would answer us but Daryl and I had no idea what he was saying, just a bunch of jibberish. His hyper jibberish made it sound like he had a fun day.

8 comments:

  1. What a little stud!! It looks like he was having a blast. He has the best snowboard teachers in the world, so he will be a pro in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute. I love all the pics. He will be the coolest kid in preschool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun... he's a daring lil guy- heather would never do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow what a cutie! A brave little one for sure. You guys are all so cute and I know there will be PLENTY more opportunities for Zen to take on the snow. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting for these pics!! Zen is the coolest ever!!! What a cute dad running beside him, like teaching him to ride a bike. I love the 'brushing snow of his snowboard' comment. Hilarious!! I still can't believe my little cousin, that hung out at the mall with me, has grown up and has 2 chillies all her own! You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute erin!!! that is so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. face plantedoonly once?! he's totally better than me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shmerin! I miss you! I haven't been on blogs forever. It was so fun to look at your past couple posts and see your cute little family. We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete