Monday, May 10, 2010

Oatmeal Cinnamon Pancakes

My good friend Jessica blogged the most delicious pancake recipe. I love it because, yes they are pancakes, but they are healthy. They have so much flavoring that you do not even need to put that much syrup on there (this is especially ment for me because I normally drown my pancakes with syrup). If you do not like syrup you could also spread on some jelly too.


Oatmeal Cinnamon Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


1/3 cup milk Directions Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-low heat. In a bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix applesauce, sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Stir applesauce mixture and milk into the flour mixture until evenly moist and thick. Scoop about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto the prepared griddle, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. I added 1/2 tsp salt. Don't mistake the unbelievable moisture of these pancakes for being under-cooked!


They are sooo good!!Thanks Jessica for the recipe, also thank your friend who gave it to you too:)

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you liked them and are passing the word on. If you have any other yummy healthy recipes, please share:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. Those sound SO amazing. I will definitely be stealing that recipe from you. Thanks Erin! And Jessica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look yummy!!...and you're thinking of coming down??!! just let me know when and i'm there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally don't like healthy things:)... but these goodies sound delish. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe!! I'll try it and let you know hey check your facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so going to try these this weekend! I love things that are good for you and taste yummmy!
    Ps you need to post some pics of the kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete